10.04.2013

nursery bear


A bear I made at the end of summer for a special family member who won't arrive for a few months still.  I found a beautiful piece of vintage mohair at the thrift store and sized down my favorite pattern to make this little (boy? girl?). I knit it a wool sweater vest as I have for so many of my bears over the past couple of years.  A little secret:  It's about the only thing I know how to knit and I don't use a pattern, just eyeball it each time.  Not very efficient, Erika!

My shop is bare, and I can't take any custom orders at this time.  I've been trying to figure out if it's really possible for me to do an update for the Holidays (my new job is keeping me very busy) but I've decided to do it!  I've started planning and sewing and I'm excited to finally have something to offer to those of you who have been patiently waiting for me to make more toys.  The update is planned for Saturday November 30th.  It's official!

3 comments:

Jarvie said...

Hey Erika,
What a cute little bear! It is good to be busy at work, the days sure whiz by don't they? Looking forward to the November update. Hope all is well with you & yours. Cheers,
Jarvie : )

Mara Rae said...

Sooo cute! Looking forward to the update :)

Ms.Tips said...

Looking forward to your 'new family member' and what you'll have for your Nov. shop updates!!