1.22.2013

outside/inside

This past weekend there was a kite festival out on the frozen lake near our house.  It was (relatively) warm and very windy which was perfect for January kite flying.  That wind brought in some very cold weather however;  today it was -12 F when the kids went out the door for school!  It looks like we will have to resign ourselves to indoor activities for the next several days but our house and my studio are toasty warm, I have work to do for the new semester, and my kids are pretty good at finding ways to keep busy inside.  Bundle up, Minnesota!

2 comments:

Jarvie said...

That kite flying looks like fun! It is very cold here too! Perfect weather for curling up with a good book & a big cup of coffee! : )

KCoskran said...

Fabulous pictures of the kites--made me wish I was there.