1.10.2013

bits of bears






These are just some casual shots of bears at various stages from the last couple of months. I try to always get a good "formal" picture of each toy before it leaves the studio but in the mad rush of the holidays I think I missed a couple.  I just finished my last custom order for a while and am gearing up for lots of teaching in the next semester and into the summer.  I miss making toys when I'm not doing it but in order to make time for other projects I have to take a break with the toys for a while.  I'm looking forward to sharing other things with you here like projects with my kids and my own drawing and painting. 

11 comments:

bybido said...

I wish you had an online course I could take to watch and learn how to make bears like you! Your mohair toys are my favorite!

Erika Olson Gross said...

bybido, thank you!! I'd like to watch you make dolls...maybe some day!

* HOPSCOTCH * ~ Charlyn said...

I love seeing your process, Erika!
So inspiring.... :)

Alison said...

Beautiful!

Ms.Tips said...

LOVE the pink bear with vintage novelty print shirt!!!!

Joanne@ Desertmountainbear said...

Wonderful pictures. I love seeing work in progress.

Erika Olson Gross said...

Thank you, all! It's good to know you like the process pics...I'll try to do more of that. Tammy-I have more of that fabric!

Maxine Alice said...

My little bear made it to me last week - I love him so much! He's taken pride of place on the top of my shelves (so the cat can't get at him and tear him to shreds).
Love xx

elbojobo said...

what a wonderful little bear!

elbojobo said...

We love this bear a lot!

thea said...

so sooooo cute! Love them all!

thea.
(spoonfulzine)