9.09.2012

ginger


I made this dog for a friend (in trade) a little while ago but never posted pictures.  I hesitated a bit because this toy was to look like a beloved pet and while I was happy to do it for my friend, it's not something I think I want to do again.  It's too much pressure to get it just right.  I think Ginger turned out well and it was a fun challenge (once I got over my fear of failure and just went for it) but I will probably not be taking any orders for custom pet-inspired work.

Speaking of homages to pets, check out these fabulous pet portraits by my friend Jennifer Davis

9 comments:

* HOPSCOTCH * ~ Charlyn said...

Oooo, I understand the pressure!
However, your work will always be pretty perfect in my eyes! ;)

Happy Sunday, Erika!

Erika Olson Gross said...

Aw, charlyn, thank you.

Jarvie said...

Hey Erika,
I agree.. your work is very beautiful & perfect! I am still loving my dog you made!! He makes me smile every day! : )

Elizabeth said...

This little gem caught my eye! Lucky person to have it.

Haylz said...

What a delightful little man!

Alison said...

absolutely lovely

Erika Olson Gross said...

Thank you, all!!

annette said...

I love Ginger's little foxy ears and expression. He is a darn cute dog Erika!

Jennifer Davis Art said...

Erika! I had some hits on my blog from this here post so I came over to investigate. It has been a while since I visited. I love everything I see here, as usual. Thank you for the shout out- and for all of the beauty you bring to the world. xoxo-jd