8.04.2012

a boy doll (finally)



I'm so happy I finally had an opportunity to make a little boy doll.  When I developed my doll pattern I wanted to make it work easily as either a boy or a girl but I had never actually made a boy before this guy.  I also adjusted the pattern a bit for this doll to make him a little smaller as he is to be the little brother of a doll I made a couple years ago.  And as you can see this boy is extra special because he has glasses!  I was somewhat doubtful that I'd be able to pull this part off but I'm glad the lovely customer I was working with asked me to do it because it was a fun challenge.  As a glasses wearer myself I know how nice it is to have a couple of pairs to choose from so this guy has orange specs too. 

Happy Birthday, C!  I hope you love your new little friend.

4 comments:

Jarvie said...

He is awesome Erika!! Well done. : )

Robert Dulaney said...

omigosh. the cutest thing i have seen all day! <3

Erika Olson Gross said...

Thank you both!!

Guy urdampilleta said...

Yes I like him.
The glasses are super!
Thanks for all your inspiration.