7.05.2012

special one



I recently finished up this little bear for a couple who is awaiting their first child.   He is a great example of why it's so important for me to keep my toy making open ended when I'm doing custom work.  I had different plans for the type of eyes I was going to use and the fabric for his little overalls too. After trying a few different options I just fell in love with him like this; with his little glass eyes and yellow outfit.  It's so nice to have that kind of freedom when I'm making something for a customer and I'm going to make it a point to always keep my custom work open like that.

It's been hard to get much done this week as we have been battling record temperatures here in Minneapolis.  I think I've decided that this needs to be my last heat wave sans air-conditioning.  It's really been kind of rough.  We finally have some slightly cooler temperatures coming.

I'll be really busy teaching for the rest of the month but I'll try to post more of pictures of the project we do:  Thank you for all your kind comments about the island projects!

4 comments:

* HOPSCOTCH * ~ Charlyn said...

Ohhh, he is beautiful!!!!
I can see why you fell in love with him like this! :)

Lucinda said...

He is so adorable! That child will treasure this wee friend his whole life <3

kristin said...

i find him perfectly sweet erica.

as for the heat!! i'm sorry you are going sans air, it's been a tough one indeed. even sitting in lake nokomis all day yesterday brought little relief. (add to that, that the water felt like a warm bathtub...blech)

kristin said...

(sorry...i of course meant to write eriKa and not eriCa)