6.19.2012

achievement

Well, I did it again.  I let a bunch of time slip by without a post!  These last few weeks have been action packed and I have good reason to believe the rest of the summer will be pretty much the same.  I was thinking (unrealistically I realize now) that I could maybe do an update early in the summer but that will have to wait...maybe in late summer.  This is the most recent bear I made.  It's for my son Oscar to celebrate his "Flying Up" to the first grade.  It has leather pads (the first time I've done that) and I cut the pattern out free-hand so there can never be another one just like him.  I'm so filled with pride for Oscar and his achievements; he's reading and writing like a pro, but more importantly he's a really good and interesting person.  I love that kid.

I just finished my first week of summer teaching...two groups of 14 5-7 year olds a day for a week!  It was crazy and fun and exhausting and I'll show you some images of their work next time.  Now I have a couple weeks to catch up on some very special custom projects that have been waiting in the wings.  They can't wait any longer however because they are both for babies who will be born SOON!


2 comments:

teddybearswednesday said...

he's utterly gorgeous!! and lovely to hear from you again, i've been missing your posts and wondering how you are :)

Bahne said...

Hey there!
Nice to hear from you again. We are fine. Right now we are waiting for our new familymember. His day is the 24th but you never Know when they will come. Please say hello to everybody.

Love Bahne