4.11.2012

spring pigs


I just finished reading Charlotte's Web to the kids (for the second time) and  I made them Wilbur-inspired Spring Pigs for Easter.  Although I liked them plain I added the little prize ribbons as a way for them to be able to tell their pigs apart.  The ribbons were actually a big hit with the boys, in fact Oscar suggested that all my toys from now on should be wearing prizes of some kind!!  There have been some arguments about which ribbon is truly the 1st prize ribbon and of course which pig is the real Wilbur;  I saw it coming. 

I used a pattern in this great book by Carolyn Vosburg Hall as a basis for my pigs although I made several changes to the pattern make them more my own.

8 comments:

bybido said...

As I scrolled down the post and looked at those first two photos, I thought to myself, "That's Some Pig".

Then I read your post and laughed.

Terrific!

Jacomijn said...

I love them !!!!

KELLY said...

GOOD GRIEF, those are adorable!

StuffedNonsense. said...

I cant believe how cute these are, well done. would you recommend the book? im looking to take the next step up in our plushies and this book looks very interesting.

Erika Olson Gross said...

Thank you all! I would recommend the book. The pig pattern is the only one I've worked with but there are several cute ones...the patterns are pretty sophisticated and realistic.

Ms.Tips said...

So amazing!! I got to see the real thing and I love it, WANT ONE!!!

Danica said...

Those little fellows are the cutest pigs I've ever seen!

pussman said...

The pigs are really lovely.