3.18.2012

time flies (three years and 400 posts)


Here I am, reflecting on how this is my 400th post and I've been here sharing words and images with you for three whole years.  All I can think to say is this: Time Flies.  One day I have two little ones, both babies really and the next day I have two full blown kids and no babies whatsoever.  One day it is cold and we are wearing snowsuits and walking in the woods and the next day it's so hot out and we are not waring shirts and we have rubber bands around our heads...well that was just Jude's outfit but you know what I mean.  Time flies.  I've never felt this feeling of slipping time so acutely in my whole life. 

I know I haven't been around here much lately and I don't really know why.  I've had some friends who are used to keeping up with me by reading this blog ask if I'm okay and what I'm so busy with that I don't have time to blog.  The answers is that I'm fine, I think.  And I am really busy.  Busy with finishing my studio and teaching and job applications and projects and being a mom and trying to be a friend and a wife and a daughter and a sister and an artist...all of it.  There is a lot of change going on in our lives right now and that brings uncertainty.  It's okay, good really, but even though I welcome and even crave change it is still hard.  I suppose it's just that I'm unsure of what I want to say here right now so I'm just not saying much of anything.  

Life is good.  My studio is getting pretty close to being done or at least a place where I can start working again.  I'm going to be teaching a lot of kids classes this summer and I'm so excited.  Our back yard is a shambles after the garage/studio construction and I can't wait to make it pretty again.  I have exciting prospects and opportunities on the horizon.  And I love this blog and I'm not giving up on it.  More soon.  400 more at least.



2 comments:

Ms.Tips said...

Happy 400th post!! You are a super good friend and I can't wait to see you again:)

Bahne said...

Although happy 400th post from me. I´m looking forward to the next 400. It is so nice that I can see what my big sister is doing over there. Do you skyp?

Hallo to your three boys this time from Switzerland