1.23.2012

in process


I've never been big on talking about process.  It's not that I'm secretive or anything, it's just that I'm kind of all about the finished product.  For me the early stages (and sometimes the middle and later ones too) are filled with awkward moments, doubt, and often times struggle and it feels messy and kind of private.  This studio project has been going on for quite some time now and well...it's not done yet.  Of course I'd love to do a big dramatic reveal! and show you my beautifully finished work space with everything in it's place and all the work I'm producing in it.  I'm just not there yet and I don't know when I will be.  Lots of progress has been made (thanks Dad, Benji and Adam!) but there is still floor finishing, priming, painting and furniture to figure out.  It's a small space and I'm asking a lot of it:  I need a dedicated drawing space, a sewing area and lots of storage space.  I have a plan and I think it can be done.

I'd like to say that the studio project is the reason I haven't been posting much here on the blog but that's not really true.  I have plenty of things I'd like to be sharing here but I'm feeling an aversion to it all for some reason.  I know I'll be back at it soon enough but I guess in just in one of those kind of messy, kind of private process times and that brings out my natural hermit-like tendencies.

3 comments:

Alison said...

It's looking awesome! Share more if you can but I understand wanting to be a hermit too :)

Bahne said...

Hey there!
That looks pretty good. How nice with the oven in the corner. What kind of colors do you want put on the walls? I can recommend Ferrow and Ball from England. They are a bit pricey but that have great colors and I never worked with something better. It makes so much fun to use them. Hope everyone is fine! Love to hear from you and from Alison of course too.

love Bahne xox

meg said...

holy crap you have a fireplace in your studio! lucky duck.