12.09.2011

special one



I've been working away on custom orders this past week.  This is a bear I made for a dear customer who'd been dreaming of him for quite some time.  It's a pattern I hadn't used in ages but I'm so happy I had the chance to work with it again...I love it.  This guy ended up with such a good personality I think, I was a little sad to see him go but so very happy to hear how happy his new owner (well, owner's mom I guess!) is with him.  I made another bear this week that I'm pretty excited about too...I show you that one next time.

I've stopped taking custom orders now and I'm trying hard to finish up all my toy obligations in the next couple of days.  It will be a while before I'm able to make work again.  I've started packing up all my stuff for the big move to the new backyard studio.  It will be a month or so before the space is completely finished and set up for working which is good because I feel like I need some time to really think about how I want to use the new space.  It's a big time of transition around here.

3 comments:

tatjana said...

I love your toys, they remind me of "Edward Tulane' that I just finished reading with my daughter. Congratulations on your new studio! I just got a new one too, and while it's so exciting, it's also a bit daunting (at least to me) I look forward to seeing how you'll organize it.

pussman said...

Waw! He is super cute!

Ms.Tips said...

so sweet!! did you knit his hat?? I love it. Thanks for your private tour last week. I feel so honored!