12.15.2011

favorite


As you may have noticed by now, the newest toy is almost always my favorite.  I'm pretty sure that says something about me but I don't feel like exploring it at the moment!  I was asked to make a bear for a project (more later once it becomes more concrete) and I took the opportunity to draft a new pattern.  I sometimes name my patterns after an event or an occasion for which I am creating them like "Heath" or "Renegade".  This pattern is called "The Last Bear".  I guess I was feeling at the time like it might be the last one.  Once I made the bear however and I was so pleased with it I realized it's pretty unlikely this will be the last pattern (or bear) I make.  I love it too much to ever really stop.  I told you this studio move has got me feeling pretty transitional over here!  I'm done with my orders now and spending this time before Christmas turning my dining room (my former studio) back into a dining room, making presents and doing little Christmassy projects with my boys.  It feels good.

Once again, this fabric was given to me by a friend.  Thanks T.T for this amazing pink wool hounds tooth!  What timing!

8 comments:

Jacomijn said...

Love him !!! :o)!!

teddybearswednesday said...

He's great! and I'm so glad he's not the last bear for you.
But you know, I do understand that feeling ;)
it's funny i think often i think of my latest bear as my best, but i don't know it's always my favourite. My favourites are usually the ones feel very close to my heart somehow. I've become more personally invested in.
The funny thing is i always hate my bears the day I finish them. always, and then after a day or so, i might love them or at least be happy with them.
xo

benji said...

i love this bear, but YOU're my favorite!

Ms.Tips said...

What a delicious color!! It reminds of red velvet cake. I'm so happy the fabric worked out for you, it looks great:) Congrats on finishing your order! I love completing a project and clearing my studio. can't wait to see your "first post-new studio project".

sheilainpasadena said...

love the bear! love all your bears, bunnies and various delightful creations!!! i'm so glad it's not the last bear cause that would be just too sad for words...

www.finelittleday.com said...

Totally adorable :)

Erika Olson Gross said...

Thank you all!

pussman said...

I know what you mean! Very satisfied but always in search for something new. :)