9.16.2011

today in the studio

My temporary studio.  I'm calling it that now because even though it will be some time before I can actually move in, building permits have been acquired, and this new studio business I keep talking about is really going to happen. 

I'm finishing up this custom bear today and got to use some of these wonderful little vintage buttons I just got.  I spend quite a bit of time sourcing materials...like tiny vintage buttons for little overalls, shoe buttons etc.  I find a fair amount locally and also buy things on Etsy or Ebay but these are buttons I got at a store that just opened across the street from my house!!  How lucky am I?  A cute shop called Digs Studio sells a nice selection of fabrics, yarns, ribbon and vintage buttons!  And now when I need a spool of thread I wont have to get in my car and drive to some terrible huge craft store and be assaulted by the odor of heavily scented pine cones, or get glitter all over myself because I walked down the fake flower isle.  I'll just skip on over to Digs Studio!

6 comments:

teddybearswednesday said...

He's a real cutie!
and awesome about the shop across the road. but come to think of it a little dangerous too....

Ms.Tips said...

MUST. GO. THERE. it looks like I can spend the whole day there:) lucky you! I love the bear's overalls!!

kristin said...

thanks for the tip ... have not heard of Digs before now but will definitely check them out...Grand is quite the hot spot these days...i was just at coffee with a friend on 41st.

did i miss a post about a new studio? very, very cool erika.

megan vossler said...

Ohh this is a dangerous addition to the neighborhood!!

megan vossler said...

I meant "Digs," not your studio. :)

Terra said...

aaaaah your gain is my loss. Linda (the owner) used to be here in Northfield but moved up to your neighborhood....she sells my toys. you should talk to her about selling your stuff! she would love them!