9.27.2011

birthday bears


I finished my nephew Arthur's bear (the little guy in the blue sweater) in time for his birthday party last week.  I'm really happy with the way he turned out.  As I mentioned before, I like this bear so much, I've decided to use him as a model for a custom birthday bear offering.

I started making jointed toys because I wanted to make a special present for my son for his birthday a couple of years ago.  I quickly became totally enamored with he process and the results, and things unexpectedly took off from there.  I really like this bear because the pattern I came up with is very similar to the pattern I drafted for that first bear...just a bit smaller and with a few little adjustments.  Making a special toy for a kid's birthday makes me really happy.  I just want to capture that joy over and over again!

Click here or on the image of the birthday bears in the sidebar for ordering information. 

4 comments:

bybido said...

erica - they are adorable! just perfect!

~ Faith said...

What darling little bears! If only my daughter was old enough to appreciate toys like this, right now everything just ends up in her mouth...

~F

Erika Olson Gross said...

Thanks ladies!

Giselle said...

They remind me of Jude! So cute!