8.06.2011

cute girl




I found this sweet vintage doll at an estate sale today.  I was initially drawn to her just for her beautiful dress but she quickly won me over with her perfect rosy cheeks and slightly wonky eye.  As you can see, she was in need of a little hair help.  This is the method my sister and I always used when our dolls hair got unruly (actually I'm not sure my sister cared about messy doll hair a bit so I probably did her doll's hair too):  brush out the hair, get it nice and wet, brush again and style, then carefully put a sock over the head until the hair is dry.  Now look how cute she is!

My friend Tammy brought up a good point in my last post about vintage toys and (eek!)...vermin.  I'm going to talk about that a bit in my next post!

5 comments:

two buttons for bear said...

so pretty girl!

mimi k said...

I have some little girls who could use that hair treatment- I will try it sometime soon!

MALINIK said...

This doll is really lovely, thenk you for the tips!
Ina :D

Alison said...

you mean you can't just cut all the hair off? Just kidding. I do remember this technique working on our dolls. Especially that Sasha baby doll I had with the short hair:) xxoo

Kickcan and Conkers said...

lovely!