5.21.2011

god's eye

I've been seeing a lot of really pretty god's eyes lately (like here) and realized I'd somehow made it through my childhood having never made one.  I made my very first one last night and thought TODAY was probably a good day to show it off...is everybody still with us?

When I sat down with my sicks I suddenly had a hard time figuring out how to actually wrap the string around them correctly (I think I was kind of over-thinking things) so I got out this book I have on my shelf Making Things With Yarn and sure enough there it was.  I was hoping it might be a project Oscar and I could do together this summer. I think with big sticks and yarn he could do it.

I thought I'd take the opportunity to show you some of the pages from this great book.  Unlike many craft books out there you will definitely not be intimidated by any glossy, overly produced, perfect looking projects!  I mean, just look at the adorable kid on the cover.  He has a supper choppy home-spun haircut and some kind of food on his face...just how my own kids look most of the time!  Makes me want to do a kid's craft book myself...

                                                                                                                                                                     Best Kid on the Cover of a Book Prize

3 comments:

MALINIK said...

Wow, this book looks very interesting!
Ina

Delia said...

I love that red yarn doll behind that cute kid.

KCoskran said...

That book looks great--I just ordered it--but I think it is a great idea for you to make a kids' crafts book!