4.18.2011

image quality

I've been struggling with image quality here on my blog lately.  I'm confused because sometimes the images look very crisp and nice and other times (like in the last post) they look kind of, well...crappy.  I've tried different approaches to sizing, importing through Picasa (which is what I used to do) but I can't find any rhyme or reason to it. Clicking on the pictures shows them as they should look but I can't get that same quality on the blog itself.  I think it all started when I switched to this new template...or when I got a new camera...or when I switched to the new and recommended editor???  Do any of you lovely bloggers out there have any tips for me?

6 comments:

Sara said...

I wish I had something helpful to say but I'm in the same boat, I'm thinking of taking an online course if I can find a good one.

blair said...

i am having the same problem as of late! none of the obvious fixes have solved it either. i have yet to turn to google but surely someone in blogger world has an answer for us! fyi, alison frost sent me over as she heard you were having the same problem!

Dominique Elizabeth said...

Hi, When you upload your images onto to the blog, blogger compresses the image so you do lose some of the quality. If you are having trouble with taking photos there is this wonderful blog I found not so long ago that has a really fantastic tutorial for taking photos, it can be found here: http://www.ishtarolivera.com/blog/for-you-para-ti/

Etsy also has some great tutorials to that be found here: http://www.etsy.com/storque/seller-handbook/etsys-guide-to-photography-10979/

I hope that is of some help :o)

mimi k said...

I see no difference in the photos when I click on them. Could it be a browser problem? I discovered that that that can be a problem and blogged about it a while ago- http://mimikirchner.com/blog/archives/2009/06/garden-baby/ (at the bottom of the post)
Just saying that your photos always look good to me.

Erika said...

Thank you all! Very helpful indeed.

Victoria said...

I had trouble with the sizes offered - the small medium and large and I too was never happy. I now resize all my photos within blogger itself. There is an html screen the one other than compose, where you get all the text and you can change the parameters there to alter the size and the image quality. If you still need help I can give you more info. I now do it each time. I upload my pictures from Picasa then resize within the post.