3.19.2011

this weekend

One project leads right into another lately and life feels really busy.  I finished up this custom bear last night and now I have a little more time to work today while the kids are taking an afternoon rest.  Next week is spring break so with both kids home all day getting a lot of work done might be tougher than usual.

I've found it really challenging to focus on my work this week.  Like everyone,  I've been so preoccupied with the sad and frightening situation in Japan.  Above is a picture of me and my classmates (in 1993!) from the year I spent there as a Rotary Exchange Student. The city I lived in was not directly affected by the tsunami but the volatile nuclear situation is so scary for the whole country.  I've spent a lot of time over the past few days looking at my scrapbook from that year wondering how how it must feel to be living through such a tragedy and worrying about people I haven't been in touch with for years. I'm relieved at least that the ones I am in contact with are safe. 

1 comment:

handmade romance said...

the custom bear is adorable.

big hugs to japan x