1.06.2011

brights

I'm working on a little something to offer up in my Etsy shop for Valentine's Day. Custom bears in pink or red....I hope to have them available to order sometime next week. I seem to be working in brights lately..not my usual M.O. It might just be a survival tactic as it gets pretty cold, dark and colorless here in the winter months and working with a little bit of color feels good.





These are the big bears I made for my kiddos this Christmas. They were well received but are not as popular as the Toy Story toys Santa brought! Santa really went way out of his comfort zone when he decided on those toys let me tell you!

6 comments:

bybido said...

Your Christmas bears are gorgeous! Your boys will cherish them over the years to come.

I hear you on being outside the comfort zone. I made a doll and a marionette set (from The Sound of Music) for my girls. While my middle daughter loved her doll...she loved her Pillow Pet (from "Santa") almost as much. And my oldest was more thrilled with her Harry Potter LEGO set (from the grandparents)...at least until she finished it. oh well! :)

rebecca said...

They will definitely outlast the Toy Story stuff... movie toys get so outdated so quickly! I love them!

teddybearswednesday said...

WEll I love your Christmas bears if it's any consolation, much more than Toy Story toys. And that's saying something because I do love Buzz....xo

Kelly said...

Those are so cute, I especially like the green bear. I will be watching for the custom bears.

Hugs, Kelly

Donna Wilson said...

they are beautiful - make me feel all nostalgic x

naomi said...

wow, the bears are gorgeous! They will be treasured in years to come. My daughter was given a Disney princess for Christmas (NOT from us!) and she adores it (sob, sob). I am glad the doll I made her still goes to bed with her (and the princess) every night- at least I can smile about that.