7.25.2010

dream quilt


While looking for images of quilt patterns for a drawing I'm working on I came across this image here that is part of a flickr set belonging to movinghands. Follow the link for more photos including closeups and other images from the Tokyo International Quilt Festival. I think it is the smartest and most amazing quilt I've ever seen! And as an added bonus it's made entirely of liberty of London fabrics collected by the maker for over thirty years. Sadly I could not find the name of the quilter/artist/craftsperson/genius who made it. Bravo to you whoever you are!

2 comments:

annette said...

Wow what a pattern Erika! I love the alternation between the taller triangles and the shorter ones.

mitzi said...

oooooo. it's like Flying Geese meets the Maine Woods. I'm in awe!