6.28.2010

bits and pieces

Jude's bear seems to have sneaked into the drawing I'm working on right now. I'm not ready to show finished pieces to the world yet because quite frankly I'm not sure if they suck or not. Until I've (hopefully) decided I like them alright I'll just give you little peeks of them okay?

Making art for a show is always kind of a nerve racking process for me but this show is especially scary. These pieces are for a show I'm having with three other artist at the Minneapolis Institute of Arts so I can't help reminding myself that these drawings are going to be IN A MUSEUM!

*stressful sigh*

Okay, back to work.

7 comments:

amanda r said...

I love your art, Erika. Please do post details of the show so I can be sure to check it out. Good luck!

teddybearswednesday said...

Oh Erika, I adore this drawing beyond words and if this is a hint of whats to come, I'm truly sure it doesn't suck, actually I'm not sure you are capable of thing that suck.
Cant wait too see what's coming.
Good luck too xo

bybido said...

beautiful drawing! can't wait to see more.

what do you use under your hand? is that a specific kind of cloth? i'm a lefty also and use a sheet of paper under my hand when i draw...wondering if i should be using something better :)

Erika said...

Thanks for the kind words all! Bybido- I just put a piece of parchment paper under my hand to keep it from smudging. I like it because it is kind of slippery and moves with my hand. Go lefties!

Alison said...

you're amazing.

handmade romance said...

beautiful. this bear looks like it has such a gentle soul. i cant wait to see more. already looks amazing!

Jennifer Davis Paintings & Collages said...

beautiful! so excited. i'm a bundle of nerves too.
;-)