4.02.2010

play rabbit


A very sweet customer of mine asked me a while back if I could make a velveteen rabbit for her son for Easter similar to a velveteen lamb I had made. I didn't feel I had time to come up with a new design in time for Easter. I made her a little mohair rabbit for her son instead but kept thinking about this velveteen rabbit idea. I had been wanting to do a new design for a toy that was more of a TOY and less of a collectors item...so this is what I came up with. It's kind of a hybrid I guess between that lamb I made a while back and the mohair pieces I've come to love making so much more recently. It's made of cotton velveteen and mohair and stuffed with lambswool. It's just the softest, most huggable toy and the lambswool stuffing gives it a perfect weight and sturdy feel. It's a bit late for an Easter present I guess but I'll be putting this Play Rabbit in the shop anyway.

5 comments:

Alison said...

absolutely wonderful! beautiful design!

teddybearswednesday said...

He's gorgeous Erika, and it's never late for a bunny :)

jen said...

So Sweet Erika, the perfect play combo!
Hope you and the fam have a good Easter- Cant wait to start all the Easter Fun Traditions with Claude- I guess that will have to wait a year. Miss you,
JM

handmade romance said...

oh he is very cute. what a nice combination x

Jenny Halstead said...

I just can't get over this lil fellow! Wow!