3.03.2010

black bear




I just finished this bear today! I've been wanting to make a black bear for some time now and I'm super happy with the way it turned out. I even knit it a sweater!

Do you think this bear looks like a boy bear or a girl bear? I hesitate giving the toys I make names because I remember being annoyed as a kid when I would get a doll or animal that was already named. I'd give the toy its own name of course but then I'd worry I was creating identity confusion for the poor creature...even worse if I'd switched the sexes up! Yes indeed, the neurotic tendencies were there from an early age.

I'll be putting this bear along with a cute little gray one I'm still working on in the shop sometime in the middle of next week.

6 comments:

little t jane said...

eeek! adorable. so super cute! i say little boy :D

kristin said...

how sweet!! that sweater vest just completes him...(hmmm...did i just write him? guess i'm seeing boy too)

Three Owls said...

yes, you should be super happy, that's a bit of brilliance.
Adorable!
I think it could be boy or girl, and kids always have their own ideas:)

teddybearswednesday said...

He's gorgeous!!! and I think he's definitely a boy, well he speaks boy to me.

Alison said...

jesus! that is the cutest bear i have ever seen:) nice work!

Kaylovesvintage said...

this one is so cute