8.09.2009

surprise


Almost five years ago I got this box of matches along with a bunch of other Japanese cute stuff from some friends in Tokyo. I know it was that long ago because it was a wedding present and now my fifth anniversary is only days away. I loved the image of the kokeshi doll on the box so I kept it in it's plastic wrapper all these years I guess to keep it "nice" forever. The other day Oscar happened upon it and naturally started to take the protective plastic off. "Oh no, don't take the plastic off!" I said to him and then realized how silly that was...they are only matches after all. So we removed the plastic and opened the box and this is what we found!



I cannot express to you how much joy these little faces bring to me. Oscar wants to burn one for some reason but I don't think I can bring myself to do it.

No comments: